SAN FRANCISCO – (COMMERCIAL THREAD) – Following the successful launch of the $ RLY network protocol and its first application, Rally.io, founders Kevin Chou and Mahesh Vellanki unveiled SuperLayer (www.superlayer.io), a crypto-venture studio creating independent consumer Web3 projects on the $ RLY network. SuperLayer will found and launch projects in-house, then recruit Founding Product Managers (PMs) to execute the point, leveraging the team’s in-depth expertise and resources to support areas such as blockchain development. , token launches, economics, staffing, market, compliance and fundraising. The studio will be supported by investors such as Marc Andreessen, Chris Dixon, Paris Hilton and Carter Reum, Richard Ma, Packy McCormick, Joe Montana, Brit Morin, Nas, Michael Ovitz and Lenny Ratchitsky. SuperLayer will begin by deploying $ 25 million to kick start the development of Web3 startups and will continue to raise funds as they go.
âWe are bringing together a community of builders to create transformative Web3 experiences that better balance the opportunities and ownership of the Internet,â said SuperLayer founders Kevin Chou and Mahesh Vellanki. âWe will partner with the founding product managers to deliver the right mix of technologies and services that dramatically simplify the creation and launch of Web3 consumer products for the mass market. ”
SuperLayer leverages the $ RLY network protocol to create a set of solutions for token issuance, economic design, liquidity provisioning, custody, compliance and payments. In turn, this allows the founders to create compelling and user-friendly experiences for new crypto users. This creates a unique opportunity for curious and entrepreneurial crypto-product managers, the âfounding PMsâ of SuperLayer, who have varying degrees of crypto experience, to leverage the $ RLY protocol to take advantage of some of the benefits offered by blockchain technology, such as digital property. and the community economy. The studio will co-found projects with entrepreneurial product managers and provide them with seed funding. By developing concepts in-house, recruiting world-class product leaders, and streamlining funding from early development to public launch and beyond, SuperLayer aims to create category-defining products in 4-6 months. rather than a more standard 2-3 year product life cycle.
The SuperLayer management team brings significant collective experience as founders, crypto startup operators, product managers and creators of corporate studios:
- Kevin Chou (Managing Partner) – Kevin has founded and successfully launched four projects (Rally, Forte, Gen.G and Kabam) with valuations for three of the four estimated at over $ 1 billion. He was honored by Fortune in 40 under 40, CNN in Smartest People in Tech, Silicon Valley Top 100 by Business Insider and Top 100 by CoinTelegraph.
- Mahesh Vellanki (Managing Partner) – Mahesh Vellanki was co-founder and responsible for the growth of Rally. Previously, he was a venture capitalist at Redpoint Ventures where he led investments in the consumer internet space. He has been honored by Forbes 30 Under 30 and LinkedIn Top Voices.
- Gary Roofer (Chief Operating Officer) – Gary has helped design, launch and evolve Samsung Next (the software innovation arm of Samsung Electronics), specifically the creation of venture capital and incubation entities at around the world, and most recently as General Manager of Operations for the Next Ventures team.
- Saad Rizvi (Chief Product Officer) – Saad has helped design and lead product teams within Facebook’s new product experimentation group. Previously, he co-founded govtech Delivery Associates and several consumer products companies backed by YCombinator.
- Ira lam (General Counsel) – Ira served as General Counsel for Rally, Forte and Kabam, where she led global legal operations, strategic partnerships, product design and compliance, mergers and acquisitions and regulatory strategy.
Chris Dixon, General Partner at Andreessen Horowitz, said: âOne of Web3’s strengths is the enthusiasm of its rapidly growing community to collaborate, whether it’s sharing best practices or creating new products. that redefine what is possible. Under the leadership of Kevin and Mahesh, SuperLayer will attract top talent and foster new connections to help accelerate widespread adoption of Web3 technologies.
For founding PMs looking to build the future of mainstream crypto or investors interested in funding SuperLayer projects, please visit superlayer.io.
SuperLayer is a venture capital studio that incubates and builds new tokenized consumer products and applications on the $ RLY protocol. Founded by Kevin Chou and Mahesh Vellanki – the founders of Rally who have over $ 1 billion in exits between their combined business and their founding experience – SuperLayer works with the founders to facilitate the launch, staffing, implementation on the market, compliance and fundraising for web3 projects. The studio’s mission is to attract and support the next 100 million consumers, creators and communities using crypto.
For more information, please visit www.superlayer.io